The New Addition

On November 3rd 2016, my parents took my sisters and I to eat at Jim's Kitchen telling us that we were going out for brunch instead of eating at home. We sat down ordered and my dad said that we are going to play a game, he told us that a life-changing event was going to happen and that we had to guess what it was. My first thought was a Baby but I didn't actually say that what I said was "We aren't moving again are we?" "No it's happier news." My sisters and I continued to guess a couple more times until I finally hesitantly guessed if it was a baby and to my happiness it was.

Eight months after that my mom goes back to Canada to live with my grandparents and have the baby while the rest of us stayed and finished the month and a half that was left of school.

Two weeks after she left she skypes us and tells us that the baby is going to be born much earlier than we thought (3 weeks early) as there was a problem with the pregnancy. On the early morning of June 2nd in Abu Dhabi at 3:30 am I was woken up for Seri by my father. I glared at him for ruining my sleep but when he told me that my brother was born I jumped out of bed (literally). When I finally calmed down I was happy as Raazin was finally born so I asked my dad "So Raazin's birthday is June 2nd right?" "No it's the 1st in Canada right now and his name also isn't Raazin your mom changed the name, check family group for the name." My first thought was anger that my brother’s name wasn't what the entire family agreed on but after a week I was happy that my mom decided to change it because he seems like a Raazin to me now. I found out that my mom had changed the agreed upon name to Aariz Zayan Usman. After that we had breakfast and went back to sleep so that we could wake up in time for school.

Over the next couple weeks me and my sisters were always on our phones waiting for news on weather Aariz was out of the hospital or not yet and if he was at a healthy weight yet. It took him four weeks but Aariz was finally at a weight that my family and I could stop worrying about him so much.


My sisters and I finally got to meet Aariz on  June 22nd 2017. Twenty-two days after he was born we were finally able to meet our little brother. We arrived at my grandparents house in the after noon, I got out of the car and saw my mom holding the smallest baby I have ever seen (he looked like a doll) and I hugged her and was able to hold him before my younger sisters and my dad. The moment I laid eyes on my little brother I knew I would do anything to protect him. That along with the memories of my sisters being born are part of the happiest moments I have had in my life so far (even if my sisters are annoying most of the time).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?

Mother Tongue, by Amy Tan

How to save for a baby